Senior Manager, Associate Development Programs
Philadelphia, PA or New York, NY
Posted April 20, 2012
Dechert LLP, a growing international law firm, is expanding its talent team. As part of our commitment to talent management and our strategic goal of providing a supportive, high performance culture, we are seeking to hire a Senior Manager, Associate Development Programs. This role may be based in Philadelphia or New York and will require travel to domestic offices.
The Senior Manager, Associate Development Programs will provide administrative support to Firm leadership and committees, including preparation of reports and financial data analysis, management of associate and counsel evaluation and compensation processes, and research into and reporting on industry practices. This role will support the Deputy Chair for Talent, Chief Talent Partner, and Director of Professional Development, and will work closely with other members of the Associate Development team.
· Support the initiatives of the Talent Team to foster a supportive, high performance culture.
· Manage the associate evaluation and compensation processes.
· Monitor trends in the market and conduct research into industry standards.
· Coordinate the distribution of any surveys that go directly to associates and partners.
· Respond to inquiries regarding the Firm’s policies and procedures and bar/licensing requirements and ensure all attorneys are compliant with all rules and firm policies.
· Assist in managing the Associate Development Department budget.
· Handle various data requests ranging from simple data extraction to more complicated statistical analysis, ultimately creating customized reports to reflect the requested information.
· Outstanding project management abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical skills, including financial and statistical reporting, and the ability to explain data, identify opportunities and offer solutions in a forward-thinking manner.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate concurrent projects to meet strict deadlines.
· Excellent professional communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to maintain confidentiality and address sensitive matters with diplomacy and tact.
· Solid interpersonal skills; ability to develop and sustain a good working rapport with personnel at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and database management systems.
· Experience managing associate performance evaluations, preferably using viDesktop.
· Current knowledge of the professional legal services field, with an emphasis on large law firm best practices in talent management, development, and evaluation.
· Juris Doctor and at least four years of professional development experience in a national or international law firm preferred.
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Dechert LLP is committed to attracting a diverse group of the most talented professionals from all sources, regardless of background. We hire men and women with sharp minds, a passion for learning and a strong desire to develop. We want every employee at the firm to feel welcome with an equal opportunity to excel. Thank you for your interest in Dechert LLP.
This e-mail is from Dechert LLP, a law firm, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy or distribute the e-mail or any attachments. Instead, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.
Up to Top